North City Business District Street Light and Signal Pole Replacement
Construction Coming Soon!
Over the past several years, the street light poles and signal poles within the North City Business District have experienced significant paint failure. After successful negotiations with the original construction contractor, all of the street light poles and signal poles will be replaced within the district at no cost to the City. The contractor assigned to do the work is Prime Electric.
Street light poles between NE 172nd St and 15th Pl NE (just north of 180th St NE) along with all of the signal poles will be replaced.
What to Expect?
With the construction, there will be a variety of impacts that will result from the removal and installation of the poles. Below is a general list of what you can expect:
- Construction impacts: Construction activity (noise and equipment) will be visible along the corridor and will impact street/sidewalk to facilitate construction. Lane closures will be in place as needed.
- Driveways: some driveways may require short term temporary closures. These closures will be coordinated in advance with each business as needed.
- Parking (during construction): Street parking may be impacted and reduced in areas where the poles are being replaced. These impacts will be temporary and will be restored upon completion of the new pole installation.
- Bus Stops: Bus stops may be temporarily impacted resulting in temporary relocations of stops.
- Construction Start: April 2014
- Construction Completion: Anticipated May of 2014